AARP staff and volunteers are available to make presentations about Obamacare to your community group. The presentation offered by an AARP representative will provide an overview of the following:
- New consumer benefits and protections
- The Health Insurance Marketplace
- Essential Health Benefits
- Tax Credits and Subsidies to Help Consumers Purchase Insurance in the Marketplace
- Resources Available for Consumer Assistance
“Many of our members have told us they are confused and often misled about how the Affordable Care Act, often called Obamacare, will affect them beginning in 2014,” said AARP Virginia Director Bill Kallio “We want to give them clear, simple, accurate information about the new health care law."
Any community group that would like to invite a guest speaker to give one of these presentations is encouraged to complete our online speaker request form.