May 11th, 2016: Join AARP NJ and St. Mary's Hospital for our Family Caregivers' Fun, Food & Facts Fair
St. Mary’s General Hospital
Passaic, NJ 07055
12:00pm to 1:30pm - Presentations & Q&A
1:30pm to 2:30pm - Resource Fair
- Description: Learn about how the CARE Act benefits you and your family. Learn about resources that are available to help make your life as a caregiver a little easier while enjoying lunch with us and having fun!
- RSVP: Register to attend this free event by calling 1-877-926-8300 or visiting http://aarp.cvent.com/PassaicCaregiving
May 20th, 2016: Enjoy some laughs and light hearted cultural learning at Elizardi Castro's Comedy Show: Made in Puerto Rico
7 Livingston Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
6:30pm - Reception hosted by AARP
8:00pm - Comedy performance
- Description: Elizardi Castro combines his Puerto Rican heritage with American culture to create a spanglish riot of laughter, drawing inspiration from his childhood, his family and his time as an attorney. This incredible performance will make you laugh out loud no matter where you were “Made."
- RSVP: Buy tickets at www.elicastro.com or call 908-899-1986 AND use promo code “adobo” and save $5 on your tickets today! Tickets starting at $32.50 (general admission).
June 10th, 2016: Work Event and Resume Critique
John J Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
2nd Floor Roosevelt Perkins Room
30 Livingston Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Description: Learn about current hiring trends in the healthcare industry during an interactive panel discussion. Hear from, and network with, HR professionals from NJ healthcare industry employers. Bring your resume to have it reviewed on site!
- RSVP: Free to attend, registration required. RSVP by calling 877-926-8300 or online at https://aarp.cvent.com/NJHealthcareNetworking2016. Event parking available in the New Street Garage (between Livingston Avenue and George Street).
June 18th, 2016: Safely Destroy Sensitive Documents at AARP's Shred Event
Church of the Madonna
340 Main Street
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
10:00am to 1:00pm
- Description: Bring your old personal and financial documents (limit of 6 banker boxes per participant) and watch as your sensitive information is securely destroyed! Enjoy a snack, and learn more about how AARP's Fraud Watch Network is helping New Jersey families better protect themselves from scams. As part of a good neighbor initiative, please bring a non-perishable food item as a donation
- RSVP: Free to attend, registration required. RSVP by calling 877-926-8300 or online at https://aarp.cvent.com/ShredEventNJ. Parking is available on site.