A new year brings new opportunities to help others. To guide local residents to meaningful volunteer work, AARP Cincinnati is holding a series of “meet the volunteers” events that will highlight a range of outreach programs.
The events, to be held in February, will bring together current AARP volunteers with those interested in using their skills and talents to:
- Help plan and staff AARP-sponsored social events in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
- Publicize AARP events and news through use of social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Find opportunities for AARP Fraud Watch Network speakers to make presentations that help Cincinnati-area residents fight scams.
- Serve as online activists who use email to voice their opinions on issues such as utility services and rates, consumer protection, and ensuring financial and retirement security.
- Communicate with state and federal elected leaders to advocate on important issues through the AARP Advocacy Program.
Events will be held:
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 6 to 7:30 p.m., at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 301 Old Bank Road, Milford. Click the link to learn more and register.
Thursday, Feb. 12, 6 to 7:30 p.m., at the Hilton Garden Inn, 5200 Natorp Blvd., Mason. Click the link to learn more and register.
Tuesday, Feb. 24, 5 to – 6:30 p.m., at the Anderson Library, 7450 State Road, Cincinnati. Click the link to learn more and register.
Greater Cincinnati residents who would like to attend a “meet the volunteers” event can learn more at aarp.org/cincinnati. Prospective volunteers can also email OHvolunteers@aarp.org or call 1-877-926-8300 toll-free for more information. —Janice Brewster