AARP Eye Center
AARP Connecticut is seeking a Program Specialist located at the state office in Hartford, CT.
The Program Specialist will assist in developing, executing, and implementing new engagement programs that align with the organization’s goals and objectives. In this role, the person will also investigate, resolve complaints, and listen to grievances on behalf of members.
Additional tasks of the position include:
- Collaborates with AARP staff, volunteers, members, chapters, and other cross-functional teams to achieve organization's community engagement goals at the state and local levels.
- Establishes a presence for the organization in targeted communities by engaging multicultural audiences, developing community partnerships, building volunteer capacity, and designing and executing engaging community programs and events.
- Plans, organizes, and implements assigned projects in collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Recruits, trains, develops, and deploys volunteers in accordance with organizational goals, aligning volunteers’ interests with organizational priorities, supporting volunteer needs, and designing opportunities to maximize volunteer engagement in pursuit of the organization's goals.
- Provides administrative-level support to a business unit, including research, report writing, creating presentations, facilitating meetings, tracking budgets, organizing and maintaining electronic records, and preparing and processing various forms.
Interested candidates can learn more details and responsibilities of the position or apply online.
AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation’s largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.