Dig out those running shoes, pump up those bicycle tires and dust off those tennis racquets. It’s time to get ready for the 2015 Wisconsin Senior Olympics , happening August 21 - September 13.
Don’t miss your chance to get fit, have fun and get a $5 discount off the registration fee for this year's competition.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Anyone who will be age 50 years and older as of Dec. 31, 2015 can participate.
- You’ll be competing against other athletes similar in age. Age groupings for events are generally in five-year increments (eg. 50-54, 55-59 etc) where there is sufficient participation.
- Wide array of events to choose from including: Archery, Badminton, Basketball (3 on 3), Basketball Free Throw, Bowling, Cycling, Golf, Horseshoes, Lawn Bowling, Pickleball, Powerlifting, Racewalk, Racquetball, 5K Road Race Run, 5K Walk, Shuffleboard, Softball, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Track and Field, Triathlon, and Volleyball
- You can complete in multiple different events, however there is a limit of five (5) individual events in swimming and two (2) in tennis.
- Events are held at various locations throughout Central and Southeast Wisconsin.
- Entry fees are $20.00 for one sport and $5.00 for each additional sport. You can also take advantage of a special offer of $40.00 for unlimited sports. Additional facility, late or user fees may apply.
- AARP members will receive a $5.00 discount off the event registration cost (single & unlimited offer) when using promo code StayFit
Registration for the 2015 Wisconsin Senior Olympics is now open! Take advantage of this great opportunity and discover your real possibilities!