If you want to have fun while making a difference in your community, then volunteering with AARP may be your ticket to an exciting 2015. Your options are many, so we are hosting events where you can pick up information and explore the possibilities by talking with current volunteers over refreshments.
Why volunteer with AARP? Volunteer Karl Johnson shares his reasons:
Among the Real Possibilities you could choose to explore:
- Becoming a Life Reimagined guide in Akron and help people of all ages, members and nonmembers discover what’s next on their journey.
- Delivering brief AARP Fraud Watch Network presentations on how to stay ahead of the newest tricks, spot the latest scams and avoid fraud
- Joining with fellow members to create plans and staff AARP-sponsored social events at local attractions
- Raising your voice as an online activist who uses social media to spread the word on topics focusing on your health, wealth and personal fulfillment.
- Reaching out to state and federal elected leaders to advocate on important issues through the AARP Advocacy Program.
You can get involved as little or as much as you like — once, a few times, or specializing in specific roles. Learn more by attending one of these volunteer information sessions:
- Wednesday, April 1, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. at Marriott Cleveland East, 26300 Harvard Road, Warresville Heights, OH 44122. Click the date to learn more and register.
- Thursday, April 9, 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. at Sheraton Suites, 1989 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221. Click the date to learn more and register.
- Thursday, April 9, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Sheraton Suites, 1989 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221. Click on the date to learn more and register.
Prospective volunteers also can email OHvolunteers@aarp.org or call our reservation line at 1-877-926-8300 toll-free for more information.