Here is the two-step process for accessing the New Volunteer Portal for the first time. You may want to print out these instructions since you will need to refer back to them more than once during the process.
Step 1: Register with AARP.org
Volunteers must have an active account with AARP.org to access the New Volunteer Portal. This video walks through the steps for creating that account at www.aarp.org/register if you don't have one already.
A few important notes:
- Registering at AARP.org is only the first step of two steps in being able to access the New Volunteer Portal. You will not need to take this step again once you have logged in to the Portal for the first time.
- Make careful note of the email address you use and the password you create.
- You will need to use the same email address and password to access the New Volunteer Portal.
If you experience any challenges in registering with AARP.org, contact the Volunteer Helpline at 1-866-740-7719.
Step 2: Authenticate with New Volunteer Portal
Once you've created your AARP.org account, your second and final step is to authenticate your information with the New Volunteer Portal. This video walks you through that process.
- Click on this link to initiate the authentication process.
- Enter the email address and password you used to register with AARP.org.
- Enter your Volunteer ID
- After you have entered your Volunteer ID, you should be logged into the New Volunteer Portal.
If you cannot find your Volunteer ID or experience any other challenges during this process, please contact the Volunteer
Helpline at 1-866-740-7719.
Accessing the New Volunteer Portal Moving Forward
Once you have completed the above steps, you can log in to the Portal by visiting http://volunteers.aarp.org and entering the email address and password you have established. You will no longer need to log in to AARP.org or enter you Volunteer ID to access the Portal.