While all attention is appropriately placed on lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines, we can't lose sight that Americans still pay the highest prices for prescription drugs in the world. It's time Minnesota legislators did something to make sure nobody is forced to choose between food and medicine. But they need to hear from you!
Join AARP Minnesota for a week of action from February 8 - February 12 to send a message to lawmakers and raise awareness:
- Monday, February 8 - SHARE YOUR STORY: Take our five-minute survey to tell us how the skyrocketing cost of prescription drugs has impacted you.
- Tuesday, February 9: AMPLIFY ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Tell your friends and lawmakers that now is the time to lower prescription drug prices. Visit AARP MN's Facebook and Twitter pages and share our week of action posts. Tag your state legislators include #mnleg and #changetherules.
- Wednesday, February 10: MAKE A CALL. Call your legislators and urge them to support the Prescription Drug Affordability Act. Find out who represents you here.
- Thursday, February 11: AMPLIFY IN YOUR COMMUNITY. Write a letter to your local newspaper.
- Friday, February 12: SIGN UP AND STAY INFORMED. We can't do this without you! Commit to continued action. Sign up to stay informed and get involved.
Minnesota families can't afford to keep paying for prescription drugs that cost more money than they make in a year. Medications don't work if people can't afford them.