Come July, our natural world is brimming with beautiful colors, enchanting noises and entertaining movement as many plants and animals are at the peak of activity with warmer days and ample food availability.
Wear comfortable shoes and join AARP NH and Kelly Dwyer of Nature Education Opportunities on July 21 to stroll through the spectacular Hooksett Riverwalk Trail, situated adjacent to the Merrimack River. Along the level route, which meanders through fields, forests, and wetland habitat, we will explore the following:
- Wildflower fields, home to the iconic monarch butterfly, and several native plant species
- Riverbank habitat as we search for hunting raptors and songbirds
- Deciduous and conifer forests providing ecology value for numerous species
- Wetland areas, with an elevated boardwalk, searching for frogs, birds, and plants
We will offer two sessions for this in-person event—please only register for one. Space is limited so register early! This event is free, but registration is required:
Session 1: 9-10 am – Register here: https://aarp.cventevents.com/JulyStroll-9am
Session 2: 10:15 – 11:15 FULL No Longer Accepting Registrations for this Session
Location: Hooksett Riverwalk Trail, 111 Merrimack St, Hooksett. Best directions are to GPS Hooksett Dog Park! Parking is situated in the lot past the Dog Park area.
About Kelly Dwyer:
Kelly Dwyer, founder of Nature Education Opportunities, is an award-winning environmental educator and certified NH elementary teacher. She has been creating and delivering engaging programming for audiences of all ages for over 15 years. As a certified wellness coach, Kelly also brings a deep understanding of the numerous benefits of connecting with the natural world to reduce stress, improve health and embrace a more mindful approach to life and learning.
An avid gardener and cook, she loves to spend time with her family, which includes her husband and two daughters.
Please cancel your registration and do not attend the event/program offering if any of the following are true:
- You are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days, including without limitation, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea
- You have had a positive COVID-19 confirmation within the past 10 days.
- You have been in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
As a reminder:
- If you are asked to leave this offering upon the belief that you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, you will immediately comply and leave the premises.
- Go to AARP COVID-19 Safety Protocols for more information.