Did you know that at AARP Work & Jobs, you’ll find innovative tools and tips for experienced workers?
Unlike traditional job and career websites, AARP Work & Jobs offers you ideas and tools from experts who know the 50+ workforce and can help experienced workers like you connect to employers who appreciate your value.
The AARP Work & Jobs website provides information, tools, and connections to a variety of resources, many of which will be expanded this year.
- A list of companies that value experienced workers and recruit across diverse age groups
- Tips for those who are looking for work or just exploring their options.
- Information, tools, and programs to empower and guide workers who are contemplating a career change.
- Help in navigating your work life by connecting you to trusted resources and peer networks.
- Information, programs, and expert insight on how to stay competitive and prosper in the workplace.
- Insights, programs, and tips from seasoned experts on starting a business.
- Tips and information about the challenges and opportunities in part-time, flexible, and work-from-home jobs.
Visit us at www.aarp.org/work.
SBDC and AARP Marketing Boot Camp (VIRTUAL) November 3, 10, 17, and December 1
AARP New York proudly presents a series of FREE virtual workshops from New York's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Farmingdale State College. AARP members and guests are invited to join us in any of the workshops below FOR FREE.
Please register to reserve your spot! All workshops will be presented virtually through a Zoom meeting.
Thursday, November 3, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Networking to Build, Grow and Brand your Business Learn the secrets of networking to propel you forward to success and increase your brand awareness among consumers and colleagues. Register: https://cvent.me/P5WOoG
- Thursday, November 10, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Embracing Your Inner Salesperson Workshop
Lessons in this workshop include cultivating a positive mindset, building trust, initiating new business relationships, negotiating, and self-awareness to counter procrastination. Register: https://cvent.me/Y1POEE
- Thursday, November 17, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Digital Marketing Workshop
In this workshop, we'll discuss the importance of your business's logo, how to optimize your Google My Business Map, why online reviews are important, and whether your website is user-friendly.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
You've Got a Social Media Account: Now What?
This session will walk you through how each major social channel works, what to write about and how to make your social communications work to spread the word about your business. Register: https://cvent.me/aKv4By