Do you know a volunteer age 50+ who is using his or her skills and experience to make a significant difference in your community?
Honor his or her dedication, commitment, and creativity with a nomination for the 2015 AARP New York Andrus Award for Community Service -- AARP's most prestigious and visible volunteer award for community service. The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding individuals who are making a powerful difference in their communities in ways that advance AARP's mission, vision, and commitment to volunteer service and that inspire others to volunteer.
The winning nominee will receive a $3,000 check to donate to the non-profit organization of their choice.*
Nominees for the Award must meet the following requirements:
- Nominees must be 50 years or older.
- The accomplishments, achievements, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The accomplishments, achievements, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP's vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- The recipient must live in New York State.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Nominations for this year's award will be accepted through July 17, 2015. Nominate someone online today!
If you have questions about the eligibility information and award rules, visit www.AARP.org/Andrus or call 1-866-227-7442.
*Subject to the approval of AARP.