Do you know a volunteer age 50+ who is using his or her skills and experience to make a significant difference in your community?
Honor his or her dedication, commitment, and creativity with a nomination for the 2015 AARP New York Andrus Award for Community Service -- AARP's most prestigious and visible volunteer award for community service. The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding individuals who are making a powerful difference in their communities in ways that advance AARP's mission, vision, and commitment to volunteer service and that inspire others to volunteer.
The winning nominee will receive a $3,000 check to donate to the non-profit organization of their choice.*
Nominees for the Award must meet the following requirements:
- Nominees must be 50 years or older.
- The accomplishments, achievements, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The accomplishments, achievements, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP's vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- The recipient must live in New York State.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Nominations for this year's award will be accepted through July 17, 2015. Nominate someone online today!
*Subject to the approval of AARP.