Thank you for your interest in AARP Oklahoma's advocacy efforts. This page offers helpful resources and action items you can take to support current advocacy-related issues supported by AARP Oklahoma.
Caring for Caregivers Act Tax Credit
- Email or call your state representative and senator and tell them you support passage of HB 3371, which would provide financial relief to family caregivers who pay for items such as home safety modifications, medical equipment or home health care to help keep their loved ones at home.
- Visit action.aarp.org/okcares to email your state representative and senator or call 844-641-2470 (toll-free).
Phone/Text Scams and Robocall Legislation
- Email Gov. Stitt and tell them you support HB 3168 to fight against criminals who use telephone and text message scams to defraud Oklahomans.
- Visit action.aarp.org/StopFraud to email Gov. Stitt.
OG&E Utility Rate Hike
- Fight back against OG&E ‘s proposed $164 million a year rate hike which would raise your rates $10/month.
- Visit action.aarp.org/StopTheHike or call 844-981-1701 (toll-free) to tell Oklahoma Corporation Commissioners you oppose OG&E's proposed rate hike.
- Visit aarp.org/getinvolved to sign up for advocacy alerts on state and federal advocacy issues. You'll receive the AARP Advocate, a free monthly e-newsletter, e-mail action alerts on the issues you care about and the latest news on local issues, Congress and the White House.