Do you know some hard-working and unsung volunteers? People who regularly give back in their communities by offering their time and talent? If so, consider nominating them for the AARP Massachusetts 2014 AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service! This annual award honors a 50+ Massachusetts resident who shares his or her experience, talent, and skills in ways that significantly enrich the lives of others.
“AARP has long celebrated and recognized the achievement and important contributions of dedicated volunteers across the country,” says Linda Fitzgerald, state president of AARP Massachusetts, which serves more than 800,000 members age 50 and older in the Commonwealth. “We want to recognize a Massachusetts resident age 50 and older who makes an impact and empowers seniors in his or her community.”
AARP Massachusetts will offer the award recipient a monetary prize to be donated to an eligible nonprofit of their choosing.
Nominations will be evaluated by a selection committee based on how the volunteer’s work positively impacts the lives of individuals 50 and over, improves the community, and inspires others to volunteer.
“We want to recognize a Massachusetts resident age 50 and older who makes an impact and empowers seniors in his or her community.”
The AARP Massachusetts Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect the AARP vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
- Complete eligibility details can be found here.
Nomination forms can be found online at www.aarp.org/AndrusAward.
The AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor an individual whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society.