AARP Eye Center
Are you interested in learning more about how Social Security works? Do you understand Medicare? What about learning helpful tips on finances 50+ and avoiding fraud and scams?
AARP Arizona offers an educational program in which trained volunteers present information on these issues and more.
The presentations are free and available for scheduling at libraries, community centers, churches and other venues. "If you have a group, club or organization that is interested in hosting our volunteer speakers on these important topics, we would be happy to provide a presentation," said Cynthia Fagyas, AARP Arizona Communications Director.
Presentations available for scheduling include:
- MEDICARE: The ABCDs of MedicareDid you know Medicare comes in either Traditional Medicare or Medicare Advantage? How do Parts A, B, and D work with each of these two options? This presentation addresses these questions and offers information on Medicare’s enrollment periods and savings programs.
- SOCIAL SECURITY: Social Security – Its BenefitsWhen should I start my retirement benefits? What other benefits does Social Security offer? How do I start the process? This presentation answers these and other questions.
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT: The Affordable Care Act – How It Benefits YouAre you aware of the new consumer protections under this law? Do you know how this law benefits those with health insurance, those without, people on Medicare, and small business owners? This presentation addresses these and other related issues.
- FINANCES: Finances 50+ – Budget, Credit and Debt, and InvestmentsAre your expenses greater than your income? Do you own a credit card? Are you in debt? Are you investing? This presentation offers basic information on these and other related questions.
- FRAUD: The Fraud Watch NetworkScams nowadays are too many, and the tactics used by Con Artists too diverse. This presentation reviews the most common scams, explains common tactics used by Con Artists, and, especially, offers a prevention strategy.
To schedule a presentation, email email@example.com or call 866-389-5649.