AARP Virginia staff and volunteers work together in bringing you real possibilities to your community. We host informative workshops on how to modify your home for easy living, the ABCs of Aging, and how you can make your voice heard in Washington. Our events are for educational purposes and no products are promoted. We also work in partnership with many community organizations to connect you to unique tools and programs to tackle issues that matter most to you and your family. Our events are free unless noted otherwise.
Here are upcoming events in Northern Virginia:
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 from noon – 1:30 p.m.
2501 Parkers Lane – Engh Conference Center, 2nd Floor Alexandria, VA 22306
Space is limited to the first 50 respondents; register today! Register Here or call 1-877-926-8300.
- AARP Dinner Group at Fireflies in Alexandria
Monday, July 10, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Fireflies: 1501 Mt. Vernon Ave., Alexandria
Registration is required
- Boomer Boot Camp
Saturday, July 15, 2017 from 8:00 am – noon
McLean Bible Church, 8925 Leesburg Pike, Vienna VA 22182
Register online at Boomerbootcamp@eventbrite.com Questions? Contact: Katherine@boomerworks.org
- Americans with Disabilities Act Fair and Expo
Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Harris Pavilion, 9116 Center Street, Old Town Manassas (Next to the train Station)
- McLean Dinner Group at Mylo’s Grill
Monday, July 24, 2017 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Mylo’s Grill | 6238 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA 22101
Register online https://aarp.cvent.com/McLean72417VA
- AARP Presents A Conversation about Brain Health
Monday, July 31, 2017 from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
George Mason Regional Library, Community Meeting Room, 7001 Little River Turnpike, Annandale
Register online http://librarycalendar.fairfaxcounty.gov/event/3251338 – Registration opens on 7/17
- AARP Presents Fraud Watch: Protect Yourself from Fraud and Identity Theft
Monday, July 31, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Centerville Library, 14200 St Germain Dr, Centreville, VA 20121
Register online http://librarycalendar.fairfaxcounty.gov/event/3307588 – Registration opens on 7/17
- 27 Annual Manassas African American Heritage Festival
Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Metz Middle School, 9950 Wellington Rd., Manassas, VA
Stop by our exhibit and show us your AARP membership card for a prize.
- AARP Presents Life ReImagined
Monday, August 14, 2017 from 11:00 am – noon
Vienna Department of Recreation
262-M Cedar Lane Unit #10 (temporary location in the Cedar Lane Shopping Center), Vienna, 22180
- AARP Presents Fraud and Identity Theft
Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Dolley Madison Library 1244 Oak Ridge Ave. McLean, VA 22101
Registration opens August 7th. For more information call the library directly at 703-356-0770.
- Celebration of Service: Million Meals on the Mall – SAVE THE DATE
Sunday, September 10 – Monday, September 11 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
National Mall, Reflecting Pool Next to the WWII Memorial
1750 Independence Ave. SW, Washington
- CarFit Check-up
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Brookdale Arlington -View Event – 3821 Wilson Blvd Arlington
- The Beacon Newspaper’s 50+ Expo
Sunday, September 17 from noon – 4:00 p.m.
Springfield Town Center, 6500 Springfield Mall
- Reston Multicultural Festival
Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Lake Anne Plaza, 11404 Washington Plaza W, Reston
- Manassas Latino Festival
Sunday, September 24 from noon- 5:30 p.m.
Harris Pavillion in old Town Manassas, 9201 Center St, Manassas
- Northern Virginia Pride Festival
Saturday, September 30 from 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Bull Run Special Events Center, Centreville
- Navigating the Caregiving Journey: Empower Caregivers with Resources and Knowledge
Saturday, October 07 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn, 2500 Neabsco Common Place, Woodbridge
- International Cultural Festival, organized by the Asian and Pacific Catholic Network (APCN)
Saturday, October 14 from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Bishop O’Connell High School, 6600 Little Falls Road, Arlington
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Annual Health and Wellness Fair – Save the Date
Saturday, October 21 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Alfred Street Baptist Church, 301 S Alfred St. Alexandria
- Living Well Summit sponsored by Celebrate Fairfax and the Jewish Community Center of NoVA – Save the Date
Sunday, October 22 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Inova Hospital Conference Center, Fairfax
- Shepherd’s Center of Oakton Vienna Caregivers “Treat”
Wednesday, November 8 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Church (OLGC), DeSales Hall, 8603 Wolftrap Rd., Vienna
- Annual Dementia Caregivers Conference
Friday, November 10 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Korean Central Presbyterian Church, Centreville