Annual Award Recognizes Those Who Make a Powerful Difference in their Community
“AARP Oregon is excited to shine a light on 50+ Oregonians who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said Chad Cheriel, volunteer state president.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Oregon based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Oregon Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Please contact AARP Oregon at 1-866-554-5360 for further information and a nomination form or go online. The application deadline is June 1, 2014.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 52 outstanding individuals from around the country.