AARP is seeking a group of exceptional leaders for a critical role as a Champion for the Volunteer Portal. Champions will be key partners to the project team and Program Leadership to ensure that the Volunteer Portal meets the needs of users and prepare colleagues and volunteers for the changes that will be required in how they do their work within the Volunteer Portal.
Why do we need Volunteer Portal Champions?
Volunteer Portal Champions are critical to ensuring consistent two-way communication between end users and the Volunteer Portal project team and Program Leadership.
What are the responsibilities of a Volunteer Portal Champion?
- Learn about the planned Volunteer Portal features and provide feedback regarding the impact to Program users
- Serve as an enthusiastic voice for the Volunteer Portal and support users’ comfort with new features
- Spread the word and send communications about the upcoming refresh and updated features for the Volunteer Portal
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Portal project team and leadership to share communications regarding the project and new features
- Engage throughout the entire project to ensure successful adoption of new features
- Engagement will be through biweekly-monthly meetings, keeping up to date on communications, and attending user testing or training as required.
Please identify champions by May 10 and reply to Wayne Griffin or Valerie Rasmussen with those names.