Expanding Medicaid in Arkansas would give hard-working Arkansas families the security of knowing they can get the health care they need. But action is required by the Arkansas General Assembly.
AARP Arkansas supports Medicaid expansion:
- Because if Arkansans lose their jobs, they shouldn't lose access to health care, too.
- Because Medicaid expansion will ease emergency room overcrowding and use of expensive ER care throughout our state.
- Because Arkansas hospitals are struggling with hundreds of millions of dollars in uncompensated care. Without Medicaid expansion, many hospitals may be forced to close.
Contact your State Senator and State Representative TODAY and ask them to vote YES on Medicaid expansion. Or call 1-800-291-5440 toll free!
Medicaid expansion will:
- Help tens of thousands of 50- to 64-year-olds who have lost their jobs and can’t find new ones.
- Help hardworking Arkansans who have supported Medicaid over the years by paying state and federal taxes, but are now struggling to make ends meet.
- Provide stability for struggling families and for hospitals throughout Arkansas, particularly in rural areas, struggling to stay open.
The Arkansas General Assembly must pass legislation that authorizes the state to spend federal funding for Medicaid legislation.