AARP Eye Center
AARP Minnesota is seeking nominations for the AARP Andrus Award for Community Service. The association's most prestigious volunteer tribute recognizes outstanding individuals age 50 and older who are sharing their experience, talents and skills to enrich the lives of others. The recipient will be honored with a ceremony and celebration for friends and family and given the opportunity to designate a nonprofit organization to receive a $1,500 donation in their name.
Nominate an exceptional 50+ volunteer who meets the below eligibility guidelines by July 31, 2023.
- Nominees must be 50 or older
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which nominations are based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must reflect AARP's vision and purpose (see below)
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must be replicable and inspire others to serve
- Partisan political achievements, accomplishments or service may not be considered
- Elected or appointed officials currently serving in office are not eligible
- Candidates currently campaigning for an elected office are not eligible
- Married couples or domestic partners who perform service together are eligible; however, teams are not
- The recipient does not need to be an AARP volunteer or an AARP member
- The recipient must live in the awarding state
- Previous Andrus Award recipients are not eligible
- Volunteers serving on the Andrus Award selection committee are not eligible
- AARP staff members are not eligible
- This is not a posthumous award
- Please describe the volunteer work that inspired you to nominate this individual for the award.
- How has the nominee's work supported AARP's vision and purpose?
- How has the work of the nominee improved the community or enhanced the lives of its residents for which/whom the word was performed?
- What is inspiring, courageous, unusual or innovative about the nominee's achievement?
- How has the nominee's work impacted other volunteers or inspired others to volunteer?