If you live in Massachusetts Congressional District 5 you've got a special state election to vote in today!
Today’s special election is being held to elect a U.S. Representative to serve in the Massachusetts 5th Congressional District, where the seat has been vacant since now-Sen. Ed Markey was elected to the U.S. Senate in June.
The candidates for today’s special state election in Congressional District 5 include:
- Frank John Addivinola, Jr., Republican, from Boston
- Katherine M. Clark, Democrat, from Melrose
- James V. Aulenti, Independent, from Wellesley
- James O. Hall, Justice, Peace, Security, from Arlington.
The following communities comprise Massachusetts Congressional District 5:
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY: Arlington; Ashland; Belmont; Cambridge: Ward 3, Precinct 2A; Ward 4, Precincts 2, 3; Wards 6, 7, 8, 9; and Ward 10, Precincts 1, 2; Framingham; Holliston; Lexington; Lincoln; Malden; Medford; Melrose; Natick; Sherborn; Stoneham; Sudbury: Precincts 1A, 2, 3, 4, 5; Waltham; Watertown; Wayland; Weston; Winchester; Woburn;
- SUFFOLK COUNTY: Revere; Winthrop;
- WORCESTER COUNTY: Southborough
Think your vote doesn't matter? Read about three elections in Massachusetts where one vote made the difference!